Pretend to let me dial into an imaginary local BBS called "The Dragons Den" running Renegade at the phone number 555-1212. How can I use the terminal program to connect to the BBS
To connect to a BBS using a terminal program, you will need to enter the phone number of the BBS in the program. Once you have entered the phone number, you can then select the "Connect" or "Dial" option to initiate the connection.
Assuming you are using a terminal program such as Telnet or HyperTerminal, you can follow these steps to connect to a BBS called "The Dragons Den" running Renegade:
1. Open your terminal program.
2. In the program, go to the "Connection" or "Setup" menu and choose the option to enter the phone number.
3. Enter the phone number for "The Dragons Den" BBS, which is 555-1212.
4. Once you have entered the phone number, go back to the main screen or menu of the terminal program.
5. Select the option to "Connect" or "Dial". The terminal program will then connect to the BBS.
6. Once connected, you can enter commands into the terminal program to interact with the BBS.
Keep in mind that this is just an example, and the specific steps may vary depending on the terminal program you are using.